River Tubing and Member's Picnic
Time & Location
About the Event
TUBING TRIP UPDATE:
- Due to the lack of committed participants, the BUS for the tubing float trip has been CANCELLED.
- The float will go on with transportation managed using participants’ vehicles.
- There will be NO FEE for anyone participating.
- No food will be provided. Bring your own if you want to eat at Riverview Park afterwards.
- Please note that Tubes and Coolers are NOT provided.
- Please note that Riverview Park is a “no alcohol” park.
- Please contact Bryan Hoke if you decide at the last minute to participate. BryanHokePhD@gmail.com.
- Date: Aug. 21, 2021
- Meeting Time: 11:00AM
- Meeting Point: Riverview Park Palmerton
We will drive to the Boat Launch at Glen Onoko to launch the tubes.
Bryan Hoke will have a pump to inflate the tubes.
PA Fish and Game stated that Launch permits are required for this section of the Lehigh River.
Individual Launch Permit may be obtained from: www.huntfish.pa.gov
Temporary permits can be printed at time of purchase.
The cost for a 1 year permit is $13.97, and 23.97 for 2 years.
Note: After you create an account you select "buy launch permits” under the heading for Boat Registration renewals and launch permits. For the section about hull number, enter unknown hull number (because a tube doesn’t have a hull number).Bring your Launch Permit with you.
Suggestions on what to bring:River tube, eg. Intex River Run Float https://www.amazon.com/s?k=intex+river+run+float&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
Floating Cooler: eg. Intex Mega Chill Cooler https://www.amazon.com/s?k=intex+mega+chill+cooler&ref=nb_sb_noss
Dry bag: eg. Earth Pak Waterproof dry bag: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dry+bag&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Waterproof phone case (can be used for car keys too) : e.g. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=waterproof+phone+case&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Change of clothes for after float trip
Beverages (no glass)