top of page
Lehigh Valley Homebrewers
Sat, Oct 15|
Lehigh Valley Brewers Guild Beer Fest
September Challenge - HBotY - Iron Brewer
Iron Brewer Challenge - Ice Cream Beer
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2022, 12:00 PM
Lehigh Valley Brewers Guild Beer Fest, 1160 S Krocks Rd, Wescosville, PA 18106, USA
About the Event
Beer style is brewers choice.
Judging will be done at the September meeting
Ice Cream Beer Pointers:
- Use powdered ice cream available on Amazon, the restaurant store and other online retailers
- Used about 2.5-3lbs for a 5 gallon batch, you could add more or less to taste (remember start with lower amounts)
- Strain the ice cream mix if there are any solids after chilling
- It is recommended to “hydrate” the powdered mix In Hot water and allow to cool before adding to the keg. You can pitch dry but hydrating will provide better results.
- Ice cream has fat and sugar so you must store your kegs cold
- Bottle conditioning this beer is not recommended
- Treat the ice cream like lactose but be mindful of the sugar
Thanks to Rob Myers for the pointers on this Iron Brewer challenge!
bottom of page